The Archaeological Museum of Chios was founded in 1977 and it has more than 1200 square meters of exhibition space and it includes exhibits on the history of the island from ancient times until the Roman period. In 1987, the Museum was closed down because of construction problems and it was reopened in 1999.
The Cave of Agio Galas is one of the two caves that you can visit on Chios Island (the other one is that of Olympi). It is essentially made of two caves, one above the other. The lower one stretches over a large area and has an impressive stone adornment. The above one is shallow and the church of Agiogalousaina is built at its start.
Byzantine Museum of Chios was created in 1980 and is located close to the main city square (Vounaki square).
Even the building of the museum is of great interest, as It is a former Ottoman mosque.
The Castle of Chios, also known as "Frourio" (Fortress) is located north of the Chios city center. It is one of the main attractions of the island and an integral part of the city from both a geographical and a historical perspective. That is why it still consists of an inhabited area to this day, being a living part of Chios city.
Nea Moni ("New Monastery") is an 11th century monastery on the island of Chios that has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is located on the Provateio Oros Mt. in the island's interior, about 15 km from Chios town. It is well known for its mosaics, which, together with those at Daphni and Hosios Loukas, are among the finest examples of "Macedonian Renaissance" art in Greece.